1. Request User Accounts
Request School Account
School accounts allow school administrators or designees to serve as Exam Proctors for students certification testing. Testing records for students at the school will be stored in this account, allowing teachers to review performance charts and print reports.
To request an account, complete the School Account Request for GIS Entry Level Technician Certification form and email it to AEST@ffbf.org.
Request Teacher and Proctor Accounts
Teacher accounts provide access to manage account, edit candidate/student profiles, schedule exam sessions, purchase exam credits, pull reports and review performance records.
Proctor accounts provide access to administer exam, schedule exam sessions, purchase exam credits, pull reports and review performance records. Review the Proctor Guide: GIS Entry Level Technician Certification for complete details.
Note: Teachers of the GIS course are prohibited from serving as a proctor for the GIS Entry Level Technician Certification exam.
To request an account, complete the Teacher – Proctor Agreement for GIS Entry Level Technician Certification form and email it to AEST@ffbf.org.
Create Candidate/Student Accounts
Candidate/Student accounts provide access to take exams, review records, and print certification credentials. All students taking the GIS Entry Level Technician Certification are required to create an account prior to exam day.
Student accounts are created in the AEST exam platform. This feature is available to teachers and proctors with active user accounts.
2. Request and Bind Exam Accommodations
Common exam accommodations are available for those who need testing modifications. Please refer to Scheduling Exams with Accommodations in the Quick Tips Toolbox for details.
3. Purchase Exam Credits
Exam credits are used to administer certification exams on the AEST platform.
- One exam credit cost $1.
- Exam credits are not refundable and remain in the school account until they are used for exam delivery.
- Credits purchased go into the school’s available credit balance and are pulled when a proctor seats a student for test on exam day. No credits are pulled for scheduled exams that are not delivered.
- Enough exam credits to cover the cost of all exams being delivered in an exam session MUST be in the available school balance for exam delivery.
- 80 credits for a first attempt GIS Entry Level exam, 50 credits for retake exams
- Credits can be purchased at any time, including on the scheduled exam day prior to students actually taking the exam.
4. Schedule Exam Session
Select the date and time the GIS Entry Level Technician Certification exam will be administered at the school. Schedule as many exam sessions as to need to meet students’ accommodations.
- Extended Time & Heritage Dictionary Accommodations INCLUDED in regular sessions
- Individual session REQUIRED for Verbal Accommodations; 1:1 Proctor Student testing ratio
- Submit Schedule a Paper Exam Session form for Paper Exam Accommodation requests
5. Add/Remove Students to Scheduled Exam Session
Select students to sit for the exam from the school’s Student List. If a student’s name does not appear on the list, create a Student Account for them and go back to the Student List to add them. Students can be added or removed from the Exam Session list until the session is scheduled to start.
6. Administer Exam
Only approved AEST Proctors can administer certification exams and must adhere to all policies and procedures as posted. Refer to https://aest.ag/certify/proctors/ for details on becoming a proctor for AEST certification exams.
7. Review Results
Exam results, including a score and pass/fail notice, are displayed on the screen once a student submits the online exam. The notice is emailed to the email address listed in the student account and contains a link to print certification credentials.