The Farm Support Specialist position is a full-time opportunity with Brick Street Farms. Brick Street farms is a St. Petersburg based company focused on growing leafy greens in our proprietary shipping containers to provide nutrient dense greens to our local community. With this position there is a strong opportunity for advancement.
The main responsibilities for this position are: Harvesting, cleaning, transplanting and maintaining a healthy farm.
- Harvesting product from the farm (there are multiple products that require different techniques)
- Packaging product
- Labeling product
- Organizing product
- Cleaning the inside of the farm
- Removing trash/debris
- Sanitizing the farm
- Resetting the farm for the next crop.
- Transport plants to the proper farm
- Ability to learn the different products we grow and sell.
- Perform daily checks on farms to ensure mechanical items are working properly.
- Assist team with transporting of product and logging product accordingly.
- Learn about the health of the plants and how to mix nutrients properly.
- Learn about mechanical equipment, how to maintain certain aspects of it and change out items as needed.
- Learn how to use farm software and analyze data.
- Learn and understand the labels on nutrients and sanitizers.
- Positive attitude
- Basic math knowledge
- Ability to work with a team and adapt to change.
- Prompt and reliable
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Detail oriented
- Interest in learning about hydroponic operations.
- Must be interested in advancing the organizational mission.
- Ability to learn applications the company uses for communicating, tracking data and task management.
Physical demands (This is a very physically demanding job that requires the following):
- Must be able to be on your feet all day.
- Must be able to: lift, bend, squat, reach, climb, twist.
- Hand dexterity is a must.
- Farming/Growing experience
- Hydroponic and/or Irrigation systems experience
- Mechanical and/or Plumbing knowledge
- Construction experience
- A love for working with plants is a plus!
About Brick Street Farms
Hello friends, welcome to Brick Street Farms. We grow 48 acres of farmland inside our proprietary THRIVE shipping containers in a parking lot in St.Petersburg, FL. Our farms use the best technology that cultivates the most nutritious, insanely d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s, wash-free produce you’ve ever had. Our leafy greens are available for purchase in our Brick Street Farms market or our online store, as well as in Publixes throughout central Florida. Also, look for us on the menus of yummy restaurants all around Tampa Bay.