Agricultural Biotechnology, one of the state’s fastest growing programs, certifies that individuals have a knowledge and skill set applicable to entry level positions in the agricultural industry, plant biotechnology laboratories and much more. This certification exam covers:
- General agricultural laboratory safety
- Application and regulations for biotechnology
- Laboratory skills, including: record maintenance, operating procedures, DNA extraction, buffer preparation, etc.
- Tissue and cell culture techniques
- Biotechnological applications to agriculture, food and natural resources
- Genetic principles (inheritance, DNA, expression)
- Scientific reasoning, mathematics and physical science skills
The certification standards for the Agricultural Biotechnology Certification Exam include the standards and benchmarks identified by relative industry partners. Each standard is weighted based on industry needs and feedback and are noted below. The number of questions per standard is determined by the industry weight.
A study guide for the exam has been created to help you understand what types of questions will be asked. Additionally, references and chapters that were used for each standard are identified on the references chart.