- YOUR RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- OUR RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- CATAGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- RETENTION & DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- DISCLOSURE & TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- OTHER DISCLOSURE & TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- WE MAY USE DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES & SOCIAL MEDIA
- INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS THROUGH THIS SITE
- METHOD OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- QUALITY OF PERSONAL DATA
- DATA ACCESS & CORRECTIONS
- CREDENTIALING & CERTIFICATION TESTING SERVICES
- Description of Credentialing & Certification Testing Services
- Personal Data Collected at the Time of User Account Registration for Credentialing & Certification Testing Services
- Services Provided by AEST Approved Testing Sites/Institutions
- ONLINE PROCTORED TESTING SERVICES
- Description of Online Proctored Testing Services
- Personal Data Collected for Online Proctored Testing Services
- INFORMATION POLICY RELATING TO TESTING SITE/INSTITUTION ACCOUNT REQUESTS
- Testing Site/Institution Account Requests
- Information Access & Corrections
- HIRE.AG ONLINE JOB BOARD
- Description of Hire.AG Online Job Board
- Personal Data Collected at the time of User Account Registration for Hire.Ag
- Other Information that We Collect
- Description of E-commerce Services
- Personal Data Collected for Ecommerce Services
- INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
- STUDENT DATA INTEGRITY & STUDENT INFORMATION RELEASE AUTHORIZATION FORM
- EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
- PROTECTION OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- RESOLUTION OF CONCERNS
- CONSENT & ACKNOWLEDGMENT
- CHANGE OF PURPOSE
- HOW TO CONTACT US
YOUR RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the subject of the Personal Data collected, you have rights related to the Personal Data that we hold about you.
At any time you have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold, use, or disclose about you.
- Ask us to correct or ask how to correct any inaccurate or incomplete information we have about you or request us to make the corrections.
- Request us to delete your information from our records.
- Withdraw consents you have given, where our collection and use is based upon your consent.
- Ask us to send a copy of your Personal Data to a third party in a data portable format, subject to the approval of your credentialing agency.
You may request access, correction, or deletion of the Personal Data you have submitted by contacting an AEST customer service representative at AEST@ffbf.org, by logging into your account, or calling our toll-free number at 1 (855) 315-8745.
OUR RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
We will provide you access to these Rights and Responsibilities and any subsequent updates.
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your Personal Data:
- Consent. Where we ask you for your consent, we will collect and use your Personal Data only to the extent you have consented.
- Legitimate interests. We may use your Personal Data for our legitimate interests for the purposes of improving our products and services and improving the content of our Site(s); and improving our applications and systems; and for the legitimate interest of our test sponsors.
AEST, Inc. will at all times protect your Personal Data with operational, administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless otherwise stated herein.
CATAGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Depending on the Services, we may collect the following data in order to manage day to day business needs including, but not limited to, providing you with our services, performing services on behalf of a business, payment processing and financial account management, business planning and forecasting, system improvements, security and fraud prevention, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations:
- Identifiers such as a real name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, Internet Protocol (IP) address, account name, email address, or other similar identifiers
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING USER’S PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is relevant to the purposes for which it is used and to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. AEST does not share information with outside entities.
AEST collects personal data for the following purposes:
- Verification of identity;
- Proper delivery of test results;
- Certificate verification;
- Proof of eligibility for account approval;
- Performance of a contract; and/or
- Legitimate interests for the purpose of improving our products and services.
RETENTION & DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will continue to process your data until you delete your account or until this network is no longer active. If AEST, Inc. also acts as a Data Controller, we will keep your data until all the networks provided by AEST, Inc. that you are a member of are no longer active or until you delete your account.
AEST has implemented policies and procedures to erase or otherwise destroy personal information collected once the information is identified for destruction.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We use Personal Data to provide services and information, to administer testing programs, to administer testing programs on behalf of your credentialing agency, and for our legitimate purposes in operating our business. Examples of our use or disclosure of your Personal Data include, but is not limited to:
- Providing test delivery services to you, including test scheduling and administration, maintaining the integrity of the testing process, and score reporting as directed by your credentialing agency.
- Providing candidates further information about certification, credentialing, and employment.
- Our legitimate business purposes as needed to manage day to day business needs including, but not limited to, performing services on behalf of a business, payment processing and financial account management, business planning and forecasting, security and fraud prevention, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
We will comply with the privacy and data collection laws of the jurisdiction of the individual from whom the information is being collected. Our computer operations are currently based in the United States. The Internet is a global environment. By using this Site and sending information and Personal Data to us electronically, you consent to trans-border and international transmission of any data that you may choose to supply us to any country in the world, including countries without an adequate level of data protection. Information and Personal Data transmissions to this Site and emails sent to us may not be secure. Given the inherent operation and nature of the Internet, all Internet transmissions are done at the user’s own risk.
OTHER DISCLOSURE & TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Data in the following situations: (a) in response to a subpoena, court order or legal process, to the extent permitted and required by law; (b) to protect your security, or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable law; (c) to address actual or suspected fraud or other illegal activities; (d) in connection with a sale, joint venture or other transfer of some or all of the assets of AEST, Inc.; (e) where you explicitly agree to allow Agriculture Education Services and Technology, Inc. to disclose your Personal Data to select third parties; and (f) to our subcontractors and/or agents (such as, those third parties hosting one or more of our website’s; processing credit card transactions and payments; fulfilling and processing orders; assisting us with marketing and promotions; collecting web analytics data, etc.), including independent testing sites and institutions solely for the purpose of enabling them to perform services on our behalf.
In the event that Personal Data is transferred from the application server file space to an authorized user’s computer, the information is transferred using a secure, encrypted method. AEST limits access to your personal data to authorized users based on the information they need to do their job and provide exceptional service to our users.
By registering for a test through us, or in cases when we receive your Personal Data from another person acting upon your direction and on your behalf, you agree that your Personal Data can be transmitted in the situations outlined above.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
WE MAY USE DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
We may use data and information about you that has been “de-identified” (data from which your name or any personally identifying information has been removed, or the data has been combined with other people’s data in such a way that it is no longer associated with you) for any purpose — it is no longer Personal Data.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES & SOCIAL MEDIA
We may also collect information via third party websites such as Google, or via social media such as Instagram and Facebook. This information may include your name, address, username, email address, website visited, content posted, IP address, nationality, language, and other publicly available demographics. This information is used to improve the products and services that we offer, to identify and resolve customer service issues, and to provide the information and services you request.
INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS THROUGH THIS SITE
This Site receives information that is automatically generated by a user’s Internet service provider (ISP), browser or mobile device. This information may include the IP address, the associated URLs, domain names, the browser type, the approximate location of the ISP’s servers, the pages of our Site that the user views, and any search terms entered on this Site. This information may be collected for system administration purposes, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on the Site. We will process your data for statistical purposes that allow us to prepare reports, determine how many people visit our website and to improve our services. The reports that we generate will only contain aggregated data in a way that does not allow the identification of individuals. We reserve the right to link this information to your Personal Data in order to protect the integrity of our system and for security purposes.
METHOD OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on any of our websites;
- filling in a physical registration card;
- opting in to receive marketing information with us;
- creating an on-line account with us and managing your preferences;
- contacting us by telephone or face to face (e.g. in the context of scheduling an exam);
- sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message;
- subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g. a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
- requesting promotional information from us (e.g. information about any of our certification exams, conferences);
- making purchases and providing payment information;
- participating in a survey, competition or prize draw; or
- contributing content to us (e.g. for social media spotlights, success stories, program highlights).
Providing your information is completely voluntary.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
AEST implements a variety of security measures based on industry accepted practices to protect personal information collected from Users from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. AEST protects your personal data by implementing security controls to protect against internal and external threats to data protection, but please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Our data security measures include administrative, physical and technical controls to safeguard personal information collected from Users. By hosting our software on Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure, additional layers of security services are in place that provides threat protection against web vulnerabilities. All data collected from Users through this website is securely transmitted using 256-bit SSL encryption, the highest level of security available for today’s web browsers.
QUALITY OF PERSONAL DATA
It is the User’s responsibility to provide accurate information to AEST and to protect his/her personal data and maintain the confidentiality of his/her user information and password. The User is responsible to immediately notify AEST of any unauthorized use of his/her account, breach of his/her account information or password. AEST will not be liable for any loss that the User may incur as a result of someone else using the User’s username or password, either with or without his/her knowledge.
As a user, you must notify us of any changes or updates to the information you provide to ensure that it is up to date and accurate. We will diligently try to verify the authenticity of said data, reserving, if necessary and without prejudice to taking the corresponding actions, the right not to register or eliminate those users who have provided false or incomplete information. This verification does not imply in any case that we assume responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the misinterpretation or inaccuracy of the data provided. The user who provides the information is solely responsible for its accuracy.
DATA ACCESS & CORRECTIONS
You may request access, correction, or deletion of the Personal Data you have submitted by contacting an AEST customer service representative at AEST@ffbf.org or calling our toll-free number at 1 (855) 315-8745. If a user is unable to access their information through their User account, they may submit a written request and present proof of proper authorization to:
Agriculture Education Services and Technology, Inc.
500 S. Florida Avenue, Suite 401
Lakeland, FL 33801
CREDENTIALING & CERTIFICATION TESTING SERVICES
Description of Credentialing & Certification Testing Services
We provide testing services as a service provider under the instructions of and on behalf of our credentialing agency (that act as an autonomous data controller) partners and we provide testing services on behalf of ourselves. The credentialing agency is the company or organization that offers certification and controls the test(s) that must be taken to secure such certification. We collect or receive Personal Data from certification testing candidates and from the credentialing agency. The information we may collect or receive includes, but is not limited to, your test registration, incident resolution (such as fraud prevention), collection of payment for testing services you’ve requested, and your test results of such testing. We use Personal Data in order to perform the testing services related to the administration and delivery of certification testing on behalf of the credentialing agency. Upon completion of your exam we may collect and score your test responses and then derive a test score and generate a report about your certification test results. In all cases, as it is necessary to perform the services, such scoring will be completed through automated means based on the criteria provided by your credentialing agency.
Providing your Personal Data is voluntary, but may be necessary if you wish to receive certification testing services. We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed to provide our services and for such period of time as instructed by the credentialing agency. To the extent that you request AEST to delete your Personal Data, it may affect our ability to allow you to register, schedule, and take a test administered and delivered by us on behalf of the credentialing agency; or to provide to you any other products or services offered, and such deletion may affect your certification, dependent on the policy of your credentialing agency.
In addition to the Personal Data that we may collect or receive in registering a candidate (“you”) for certification testing the credentialing agency may also provide to us or instruct us to collect the following additional Personal Data, as necessary or appropriate, including, but not limited to: language, birthdate, employment information, previous examination history, education information, and source of financing for the test.
Depending upon the credentialing agency and/or test security requirements, you may be required to provide a form of identification with a photographic image for the purposes of identity verification and to protect the security and integrity of the test.
Personal Data Collected at the Time of User Account Registration for Credentialing & Certification Testing Services
AEST User accounts are created through the exam delivery platform, https://fbaest.com.
For Candidate/Student Account registrations, AEST may collect:
- First and last name
- Mailing address, including city, state, and zip
- Email address
- The institution (school) in which the user is enrolled
For Teacher/Proctor Account registrations, AEST may collect:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Institution (School)(s) they are employed at and/or assigned to
- Role/Position at institution (school)
For Testing Site/Institution (School) Account Registrations, AEST may collect:
- Testing Site/Institution (School) name
- Address including city, state and zip
- Phone number
- Director/Principal name
- Director/Principal email address
- Contact Name/Lead Teacher name
- Contact/Lead Teacher email address
- Approved payment types
Services Provided by AEST Approved Testing Sites/Institutions
ONLINE PROCTORED TESTING SERVICES
Description of Online Proctored Testing Services
If a test sponsor offers their test outside of an AEST approved testing site/institution through online proctoring and if you choose to take the test through AEST Remote Proctoring, in addition to the requirements of Description of Credentialing and Certification Testing Services, you will be monitored over the Internet through your computer via your webcam and microphone. Online proctoring means that you will log on to a test platform through the internet to take your test and you will be monitored during your entire testing session in real-time so that your face, voice, desk and workspace will be captured and a recording may be made of these images for the purposes of test security and the integrity of the testing process. It is your responsibility to monitor your online proctored testing environment. You must make sure that only you will be recorded during your testing session and that no one else will be physically in the room where you are testing and that no one speaks to you during your testing session. If at any time during an online proctored testing session another person enters the work space or if another person’s voice is detected on the audio recording your testing session may be immediately terminated and the test stopped. If this event occurs you will not receive a test refund or be credited for any portion of the test fee.
Personal Data Collected for Online Proctored Testing Services
All of the same Personal Data that we collect or receive as described in this policy applies to you when you register to take a test sponsor’s online proctored test. Prior to the start of your online proctored test you may be required to hold up your ID documentation, (for example your driver license, passport or other approved ID that the test sponsor designates) for the proctor to see, and it may be recorded on the video for the purpose of identity verification. The collection of such data is optional, but necessary if you choose to use the online proctoring function. You understand that if the session is recorded, the audio- and video-tapes of your testing session may be supplied to the relevant test sponsor and any of their appointed agents to assist with their management of your test.
INFORMATION POLICY RELATING TO TESTING SITE/INSTITUTION ACCOUNT REQUESTS
Testing Site/Institution Account Requests
Through the Site, an organization/institution may apply to become an approved AEST Testing Site/Institution. Providing business entity data is voluntary, but necessary for completing a New Testing Site/Institution Request form. You may stop completing the New Testing Site/Institution Request form at any time before submitting it. We will use the data you provide on the New Testing Site/Institution Request form to evaluate and qualify your application.
Information Access & Corrections
To access and correct any information supplied in a New Testing Site/Institution request form, please contact us at AEST@ffbf.org or call 1 (855) 315-8745.
HIRE.AG ONLINE JOB BOARD
Description of Hire.AG Online Job Board
Hire.Ag is an online job board (https://aest.ag/hire/) providing services to job seekers, called Candidates, to assist them with finding jobs relevant to their certifications and skills. Hire.Ag offers job postings to companies and employers that may provide digital links to job applications on the company’s website. Hire.Ag is part of Agriculture Education Services and Technology, Inc.
Personal Data Collected at the Time of User Account Registration for Hire.Ag
Authorized Employer Representative and Candidate accounts are created through the job board, https://aest.ag/hire/.
For Employer Account registrations, AEST may collect:
- Email address
- Company name
- Company description
- Company website
- Company logo
- Instagram handle
- Facebook handle
- LinkedIn handle
For Candidate registrations, AEST may collect:
- First and last name
- Display name
- Email address
Other Information that We Collect
When someone visits https://aest.ag/hire/ we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Description of E-commerce Services
AEST’s e-commerce Sites provide you with the opportunity to purchase credentialing and certification tests related products and services. AEST, Inc. also provides e-commerce services on behalf of our test sponsors.
Personal Data Collected for Ecommerce Services
We clearly identify what information must be provided by you in order for us to deliver the various products, services, and information that you may have requested. Depending on your choices, we will require different types of information for these various products, services, and information. You may also choose to provide additional or optional information to enhance the services we may provide to you. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact and shipping information, as well as purchase history, and payment information.
- Information regarding your use of the Site (i.e., pages visited, files downloaded).
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We recognize the importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we comply fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and similar laws and regulations. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13 nor do we direct our contents or information to them. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not give us personal information.
Therefore, prior to providing us with your personal data, you guarantee that you are over 13 years of age and that you are entirely responsible for this declaration and for the access and correct use of the website subject to the conditions of use and current legislation, both national and international, as well as the principles of good faith, morals and public order, and with the commitment to diligently observe any additional instruction that, in relation to such use and access, could be given by us.
You may be required by us at any time, so that we can verify your age, to provide a photocopy of your identity document that legally and unambiguously confirms your age. Failure to supply us with this information in the term indicated will entitle us to suspend or cancel your profile or any processing of your data. Any abuse or violation of these conditions and, in particular, those that affect minors, must be reported immediately to us.
STUDENT DATA INTEGRITY & STUDENT INFORMATION RELEASE AUTHORIZATION FORM
AEST understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy online. AEST is committed to following Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) (15 U.S.C § 6501), which are Federal laws to protect personal information of Users under the age of 13.
It is the User’s responsibility to protect his/her personal data and maintain the confidentiality of his/her user information and password. The User is responsible to immediately notify AEST of any unauthorized use of his/her account, breach of his/her account information or password. AEST will not be liable for any loss that the User may incur as a result of someone else using the User’s username or password, either with or without his/her knowledge.
A Student Information Release Authorization Form is available for the school district’s use to maintain on file for the validity of the certification (5 years). It is recommended that the teacher, who is sitting the User for the exam, maintain on file the necessary form.
We may use your email address to send you email newsletters about certification, credentialing, licensure, or academic admission testing. We may use third-party e-mail providers to deliver these communications to you. You may opt out of receiving the newsletter at any time by notifying us by email at AEST@ffbf.org or following the opt-out instructions provided in the email newsletter.
PROTECTION OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Individuals who make online purchases will be asked to provide credit/debit card information, which may include payment instrument number (e.g., credit card), name and billing address, the security code associated with the credit/debit card information, and other financial data (“Payment Data”). AEST uses a secured payment processing platform and does not collect or store any Payment Data on our servers.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We do not assume any responsibility derived from other privacy policies or practices performed by websites that have been accessed through hyperlinks located on this website and that are not managed directly by AEST, Inc. Therefore, we assume no responsibility in relation to the information contained in the websites of third parties or the consequences that may arise derived from such information. If any user observes that such links are contrary to law, morality and public order, you must inform us by sending an email to AEST@ffbf.org.
RESOLUTION OF CONCERNS
Agriculture Education Services and Technology, Inc. endeavors to respond to your inquiry within 30 days. If you believe you have not received a timely acknowledgement of your inquiry or concern, or if you believe your inquiry or concern was not satisfactorily addressed by Agriculture Education Services and Technology, Inc. you should contact (at no charge) your state or national data protection authority.
By using our Site(s), you agree to the our use of the cookies as described above for the collection of information in order to provide the products or services you have requested and for improvements, as we deem appropriate for our legitimate purposes, related to our products and services. If you block cookies or cookies are not enabled on your computer, it will mean that your browsing or shopping experience on our websites will be limited. Some active content, movies and online shopping baskets, for example, may not work correctly.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files that a web server places on your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain information that can later be read by the web server that originally placed the cookie on your computer or mobile device.
Below is a list of the main type of cookies we use and what we use them for:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of this Site. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies:These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. Some of the performance cookies are analytics cookies using third party web analytics software, which allow us to understand more about how our Site is used. Performance cookies are not used to collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these performance cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The aggregated data is only used by us to improve how our Site works. We might also use performance cookies to highlight our products or services which we think will be of interest to you based on your use of our Site. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
- Functionality Cookies:These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are located in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies is not used to track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies are known as “functionality cookies” and help to improve a user’s experience of a website by providing a more personalized service. By using this Site you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
- 3rd Party Cookies and Social Networks.If you click on a hyperlink from this Site to any third party websites (for example, if you ‘share’ content from our Site with friends or colleagues through social networks (such as Facebook or Twitter) or use third party services together with this Site, you may be acquire cookies from these third party websites. Third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies which we do not and cannot control. Please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. You should always review these third-party websites privacy policies.
AEST.Ag (https://aest.ag) and its sub-websites, https://aest.ag/certify/, https://aest.ag/certify/verify/, and https://aest.ag/hire/, use a variety of cookies that expire at the conclusion of the user’s session.
CONSENT & ACKNOWLEDGMENT
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Notice, then we will provide you with a new Notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Prior to deletion AEST may anonymize data received from Users for the purpose of statistical analysis relating to certification standards. Such anonymized data is no longer considered to be personal data and is not within the scope of personal information protection standards.
By continuing to use our website after we post any such changes or updates you accept the privacy notice as modified.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- Written correspondences can be mailed to:
Agriculture Education Services and Technology, Inc.
500 S. Florida Avenue, Suite 401
Lakeland, FL 33801